Wednesday 27 September 2023

On what is not in the blog

This entry had been in the back of my mind for couple of weeks now. However, an email from Alisa, my former co-worker prompted me to actually write it.. She had been afraid to read my blog on account of the pain she thought was expressed in it. She found that it contained anything but.


This blog is both window and wall for me right now. I can show what I am able and willing to show. I can keep out of sight that which I don’t wish to or can’t show. It is the version of reality that I wish and can share.


At some point in the last few weeks, I had dream about communication that probably was medication enhanced. In it, I clearly “saw” or “understood” some of the sheer metaphysical complexity of communication between persons over time and space. Or at least thought I did. With waking came the frustration of not being able to remember that which had been so clear. However, one of the messages I got out of it was that we can only communicate so much.


I don’t wish to dwell on the pain, physical or psychological right now.


There is a Pete Seeger song derived from John 14:2 (apologies to non-Christians)


My father's mansion's many rooms

Have room for all of His children

As long as we do share His love

And see that all are free.


And see that all are free to grow

And see that all are free to know

And free to open or to close

The door of their own room.


I’m keeping my door only ajar right now.

No comments: