Sunday 29 March 2020

On a second lockdown ride

Yesterday was also reasonably good weather, so I took my first ride on the Kona, a.k.a. Victor von Fleddermoose. I rode up to Martin Swiss Bike Shop which is closed on account of Covid-19. I then rode down to the Lachine Canal and went up to about the Lasalle Coke Crane before heading home.

It felt much lighter, particularly the steering though that can be accounted for by the lack of milk crated and a fork made of carbon fiber not steel. At one point I began to feel thirsty and realised I should install a bottle cage on it.

I fear that this year's biking will not involve any trips and will instead be day rides on Victor.

In related news, I see that Vélo-Québec is asking the provinicial government to include bike shops in the list of businesses allowed to open during the lockdown. Their logic amounts that bike shops are equivalent to car garages which are allowed to be open. This would suit me as I have things to do at a bike shop.  On the other hand, it would be all very well to allow bike shops to open, but it would be tricky to run Martin Swiss as its quarters are rather cramped. ;-)

No comments: