Sunday 5 April 2020

On going full "whee" with Victor von Fleddermoose

Thanks to the Quebec government making bike shops an essential service, I was able to acquire some SPD clipless pedals at one of my local bikeshops as well as some more spare inner tubes. I installed the new pedals on Victor von Fleddermoose along with a bottle cage and some narrower tires (700x28) which had been first acquired for Floria die Fleddermoose and have since seen service on Leonardo and were unsuccessfully installed on Justin.

Victor von Fleddermoose is so named for several reasons. The basic reason is that many of his components came from Floria die Fleddermoose. I wanted evoke Victor von Frankenstein, which might have lead to "Victor von Frankenmoose" if I didn't like the "Fleddermoose" logo that Margaret came up with a number of years ago, particularly as there is now a vinyl sticker cutter at work which allowed me to make proper sticker of it. (The sticker was made prior to the shut-down.)
Yesterday was gorgeously sunny, so I took Victor out for a full-on Mamil, "whee" ride along the Lachine canal. Probably because of the pandemic, there were many other people out including many other cyclists of varying breeds. Unfortunately, the Lachine Canal is undergoing repairs which means a fair portion of the bike path proper is closed. While Saint-Patrick Street (which parallels the Canal) is open, the road surface is poor. However, I was able to work up a sweat for the first time in a month so calories were expended. I am going to have to make it a rule that I go for an hour's ride every sunny day.

No comments: