Thursday 25 April 2024

On Mount Royal

On Tuesday, Alice came by with her rented car and drove me to pick up some bagels from St-Viateur and then to Beaver Lake on Mount Royal. We ate the bagels while admiring the view. I regaled Alice with a story about how Aunt Lorna had once saved the day at Beaver Lake:


A small boy was on the verge of tear as his toy sailboat had become becalmed in the middle of the lake. His dad was trying to figure out what to do. Up came Aunt Lorna walking one of her highly trained standard poodles. She took the dog off the leash, pointed at the boat and said “fetch”. The poodle jumped in to retrieve the boat and thus saved the day.

Some well behaved ducks

While Alice went into the pavilion to use the restroom, I stayed by the edge of the pond to make sure that the ducks didn’t go amuck. A small child also came to the edge and called out to his family that there were red fish in the water. I took a look and there were indeed some koi fish swimming in the weeds.


I returned to the General to find that my antibiotic regime had been changed to twice per day, thank God. Ironically, this meant that I had to have a short additional session to make up the increased dose.


Owing to a minor medical mix-up and poor communication, Wednesday morning was spent in bed. In the afternoon, I walked up and down the corridor just outside my room. Later in the day, a physio cleared me to walk the length of the corridor by myself. In the evening, I walked to the near end of the corridor and back to my room on my crutches. I didn’t realize just how much it had taken out of me until I accidentally went into the room two doors before my room.


During the afternoon, I had briefly gone outside for some fresh air. I notice some recently fallen snow. It seems that there had been a snow shower earlier in the day which I had snoozed through. Facebook promptly displayed some posts showing people mowing their snow covered lawns!


This morning, I found out that they still aren’t happy with my antibiotic levels, so I am here over the weekend. *Grumble*

1 comment:

Susan Gwyn said...

'Walk' = with crutches? walker?