Sunday 21 April 2024

On a room transfer

For reasons that I can only describe as bureaucratic, at short notice, I was transferred up to the 18th floor of the General this evening. Luckily, I got a single room that is somewhat larger than the one I had in September. It is a bit more sensibly laid out than my previous double but single room in that I can use the sink from my wheelchair. Unlike the other two rooms, it looks out over the City and the Saint-Lawrence with a much more dynamic than that of Montreal Royal.

My new room

Unfortunately, it is closer to the nurses’ station as well as other rooms. This means I hear the alert calls bleeps as well as the “all done” cries of IV stands. Currently, a pair of them are performing a duet while the nurses concentrate on finishing their paperwork.

My old room for the record



No comments: