Saturday 24 February 2024

On some first thanks to board gaming

Today marked a few more firsts. I went by taxi to my friend Michel’s new apartment for a gaming session, the first since the accident and the first since Michel moved from his old apartment. Dave was also there. We played a round each of two different games: the cooperative version of Unmatched in which Squirrel Girl, played by your truly, put the kibosh on the Mothman using a Horde of Squirrels, and Acropolis, which was the first time I had played it.


While I was there, I managed to use Michel’s tiny bathroom thanks to having the foresight to bring along my walker for just such an event. That was another first. I should also mention that I had figure out how to maneuver the wheelchair over thick carpets for another first. (I think I should mention that maybe thick carpets should be added to the wheelchair use syllabus to the Occupational Therapist.)


A good time was had by all. Some real beer was consumed by me for yet another first. It was a welcome taste of normal.

No comments: