Sunday 12 November 2023

On Bear days

I wish I had something more interesting and uplifting to say than I am scheduled to get flu and COVID vaccines tomorrow. Actually, there was an amusing bit to that in that a nurse was taking my information in advance on Friday. Among the questions was had I had any blood transfusions in the last year? I pointed to my left leg and say: “Yes, several.”


November is my least favourite month. Despite some pictures of a co-worker’s baby, I’ve been down. I’ve been having crying jags precipitated by small things. I have my Pooh Bear to hug. Friday was a two Bear day. Despite, Philip and Dominique coming, I have had recourse to the Bear today.


I’ve had to fend off Mummy’s attempts to have Philip and Dominique bring Maki into see me. While I would like to meet Maki, here is not the place or time. Maki is a very young dog of an active breed. He hasn’t experienced many places. I haven’t met Maki and Maki hasn’t met me. What is more, my anxiety sometimes upsets dogs of a certain nature and temperament. I don’t want Philip and Dominique to go to all the effort of bringing Maki here in a strange environment and having him take a nervous dislike to me. It would just be too sad. Dominique said Mummy had been working on her as well.


Here’s to hoping tomorrow will be a better day.

1 comment:

Susan Gwyn said...

Glad you are all cleverer about dogs than I am!! He is awfully cute!