Tuesday 7 November 2023

On shedding

The beautiful yellow-leaved tree across from my room took a bit of a beating last night. The branches are starting to becoming visible. Still, ‘tis the season to shed.

This does not only apply to trees. During today’s physio session, I was seated on the edge of the bed with my right foot on the ground. I felt there were some things in the sock on my good foot. After I had regained the bed and the physio was summoning a patient attendant, I investigated the situation. I was able to remove the sock (an achievement in and of itself). I discovered the skin on my foot was extremely dry and flaking off in several places. When the physio returned, I requested that she give the foot and the other a bit of a scrub to remove loosely attached bits of skin. She was willing to oblige. Seems I’m shedding too.

1 comment:

Margo and Chris said...

Is that right or left foot? I.e.foot on damaged side, or empathic but complacent side? Either way will send suggestion on good stuff for soaking and scrubbing off dry dead skin, if a pedicure is beyond hospital’s scope.