Wednesday 15 November 2023

On how I am right now

Victoria the Physio is away this week on a well deserved vacation. Frédérique, her replacement, is also very good. She is possibly better than Victoria or maybe more vicious ( :-) ) as I feel like I’ve worked harder after one of her sessions. She surprised me this afternoon after having me raise my extended arms from the side to over my head, each with an object in hand (iPhone on the left, water bottle on the right). This was to strengthen my arms. Afterwards, she asked if any harm had been done to my right shoulder. I said that my right collarbone had been broken twice many years ago. She said she noticed it wasn’t moving wholly correctly and that would explain it.

An email from a colleague made me realize that I haven’t discussed something in this blog, namely the prognosis. One of the few things I have got out of Ortho is that I will be walking and biking. They seem very confident in that. Unfortunately, one of them also told me back in September, don’t make any vacation plans for a year. 


I know I have a long road ahead of me. I am an impatient person. I am also scared of failure. I think I have been avoid writing about the prognosis as I don’t want to raise my hopes too high. 


Right now, I feel tender and fragile both physically and emotionally. While my body grows stronger, my legs keep having minor spasms that are quietly painful reminders. When I watch some TV shows on my iPad, I tense up at scenes of violence. Conversely, a puppy video made me reach for Pooh Bear.


No comments: