Thursday 21 December 2023

On quite a good day

Well, the breakfast group wasn’t much of a club as most of them were a bit monosyllabic mostly on account of how early it was. The available ingredients didn’t warrant bringing down the board, more’s the pity. I should have brought down my bottle of hot sauce. There were eggs, margarine, processed cheese, some pancake batter and bread. I combined four of those ingredients to make a fried grilled cheese sandwich. Hmm, maybe if I had rustled up some milk, I could have made French Toast. It was fun to cook after months of not cooking.

As protest against overtime, several of the P.A.s were wearing pyjamas. The hospital’s nutritionist came around with a stuffed panda in her pocket. She offered some chocolate and avocado truffles. I tried one and was relieved it didn’t taste of avocado. The room had a Christmas tree set up next to a plastic skeleton wearing a Santa Claus hat!

Then it was back up to my room for the weekly round of my doctors. Nothing particularly of note to relate. 


During my physio session I walked 27 meters in two jaunts. I then had a good session on the NU-step machine using only my arms and my right leg. The logic is that after I have the operation on my left leg, I will be unable to put weight on it for a goodly period of time. Therefore, I should build up my arm and right leg strength to compensate.


Back in my room, the sunshine was pouring in making it too hot. Thankfully, it was easy to open some windows. The Mole phoned about coming to visit now that he is Covid-free. I dozed for a bit, then went down to the gym to exercise my arms. While I was there, a choir came in to sing some carols. As it happened, I was more or less front and centre. I had to grab the mask I taken off during my exercise to hide my tears.

I don’t know which tartan that is.

Michael the Mole arrived bearing a parcel from Margo. It contained an excellent selection of goodies, a Scottish moose tree decoration (courtesy of Ben and Jude) and a shelf elf. It was very good to see the Mole after the lengthy delay.

No comments: