Tuesday 25 November 2008

On the frustrations of the start of winter

On Monday, I had one of the best runs into work in a long time. I didn't have to stop for lights until I was in sight of the Library. I am in the zone.

It snowed overnight leaving just enough snow to be treacherous, but not enough to be definitively the end of biking. Tonight the 5-day weather forecast from Environment Canada is as follows:
Tonight
Periods of rain mixed with snow. Wind northeast 20 km/h gusting to 40 becoming light near midnight. Temperature steady near plus 2.

Wednesday
Day: Cloudy with sunny periods. Periods of light snow mixed with rain beginning in the afternoon. Wind becoming southeast 30 km/h in the morning. High plus 3.
Night: Periods of light snow mixed with rain. Wind southeast 20 km/h becoming light near midnight. Low zero.

Thursday
Cloudy with 70 percent chance of showers. High plus 2.

Friday
Periods of snow or rain. Low minus 2. High plus 3.

Saturday
A mix of sun and cloud. Low minus 2. High plus 1.
Thus, it will be warmer than last week, but wet and possibly snowy. I BMW'd (Bus Metro Walk) to work today (having bought a weekly bus pass). Now, do I take the faster, healthier method of biking or do I BMW tomorrow? Both of the ways have their merits. Unlike some years, I am still keen to keep biking, but, but, but...

I wish it would either snow a lot or not snow at all (for another few weeks: Christmas needs snow!)

No comments: