Monday 10 August 2009

On stuff

I have noticed that I haven't been posting much for a while. I could lie and say I've been busy, but the truth is that I haven't been doing a hell of a lot, especially not biking-wise. The point was driven home a week or two ago when a colleague asked me if I had been biking a lot in preparation of crossing B.C. by bike. I had to sheepishly confess that in fact, no, I hadn't. Since then, I have come up with the plan to take a weekend to bike to Salaberry-de-Valleyfield and back via Exporail and the Battle of Chateauguay national historic site. However, two weekends ago the forecast was for rain, and this weekend was Worldcon in Montreal. This SF convention had among it's guests a web cartoonist I am a fan of. Among other things, his cartoon got me through 2003. Unfortunately, he didn't win the Hugo award for best SF cartoon.

The person who did win is partially responsible for the code-name of the reason I will shortly be changing the parameters of this blog. Phil Foglio has an odd character named Winslow. Stephen has codenamed the son he and Margaret are expecting in a week or two (babies can't read calendars) "Winslow". I will be adding "nephew" to the things I allow myself to post about in this blog. Uncle, and proud of it!

Getting back to biking, the current forecast for next weekend looks good, but I am going to wait a day or two before committing. Also, my current plan for the BC trip, is to get all in the info I can get (such as Motels, etc.) into a Word document and then get the resultant document cheaply bound as a resource. Unfortunately, I have very little info currently in said document. (Time to get cracking, Bikemoose!)

2 comments:

Margo and Chris said...

For BC accommodation the official guide available free electronically on-line:

http://www5.hellobc.com/brochures/

used to be very good and comprehensive. Have not used it in years but I suggest you start by getting it.

C

Bikemoose said...

Thank you for the kind thought, but I had already been aware of that website. I have been using it to identify accommodations.