Thursday 7 November 2019

On a surprise at work

I was surprised yesterday by the sight of this in a hallway near my desk:
This is a bike repair station that the City has bought and plans to install somewhere outside next spring. The exact location and when it will be operational have yet to be determined. As a cyclist, I think it is great idea. The first one I saw was in Ponce, Puerto Rico. I love the bright orange colour.

I hadn't heard about the project, so I asked around to find out who was in charge of project. It turned out to be my immediate superior. She is also a cyclist and did the Eastern Townships Challenge with me a few years ago along with her partner. Kudos to her for getting the project through.

As this involves work, please note that the views I express here are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer. However, given that my employer bought the bike repair station, I think I have reason to believe that my employer also thinks that a bike repair station is, at the very least, a good idea. I could be entirely wrong about this. ;-)

2 comments:

Susan Gwyn said...

That looks like a 'Biciborne' like ours in North Hatley. Good choice!

Bikemoose said...

It is a Biciborne.
Not my choice but that of my superior and/or the City. It does seem a good choice. The views I express here are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.