Thursday 2 May 2024

On resettling in at the Lindsay

One of the weird things about moving back to the Lindsay is the fact that the change in altitude from the General means that spring seems about a week more advanced. The trees are much more in bud. Indeed, some species are starting to put out leaves. Today, I watched a woodchuck pull on the lowest branches of a shrub so it could eat the new leaves at the tips.

The Parents came by yesterday morning for a visit. I gave them some things to go back to the Condo, mostly books and surplus stuffies. 


I was quite optimistic at my first session with the psychologist yesterday. In point of fact, he remarked upon it. However, my energy and optimism levels faded during the physio session in the afternoon. The Physio told me that my fitness level had dropped. Surprise, surprise, I didn’t exercise enough at the General. Also, I’m not getting enough sleep.


Speaking of the latter, an orderly told me yesterday evening, that I would be moving this morning to another room. It is the equivalent of my former, long-time room here, except that it is at the other end of the corridor. It also had a different history having at one time been part of a four bed ward with a permanent wall between the two halves. I must admit, I sort of liked the cosiness of my previous room over all the windows in the current room.


I didn’t have a physio session today so I just did some exercises. I stopped to go put some ice in my water bottle. As I was coming back, I noticed a Quebec travel magazine for the handicapped on a stand. One of the images on the cover was taken on what used to be the train bridge in North Hatley. This was despite the fact that there weren’t any listings for North Hatley in the magazine! However, the sight of North Hatley made me sad. This, in turn, put me off my stride for exercise.


No comments: