Tuesday 30 August 2011

On one of the advantages of being a bike-geek

One the common attributes that people to me is that I bike to work and that I am somewhat bike obsessed. This is not a bad thing as there are worse things to be labelled. In fact, I rather revel in the label.

It has its uses. A notable one came up earlier this week. On Monday, I was given a new schedule that will start in November. I will be working Sunday-Thursday, rather than Monday-Friday. I took it better than most of my professional colleagues (who are also getting new schedules). However, on Tuesday I suddenly realized that the schedule was in conflict with the Tour de l'Île and the Défi Métropolitain. I approached my superior about this conflict. She didn't hesitate for a moment before saying that I would be allowed to alter my schedule for those weeks, given that I was such a bike enthusiast!

No comments: