Saturday 20 January 2024

On being shorn

In my last post, I left out the fact that the non-essential staff had a training day which meant that I had no therapy sessions. That is part of the reason I chose yesterday to visit the Library.


In the same wave of optimism that had me book that trip, I left a message on the hairdresser’s answering machine about getting my hair and beard trimmed. For various reasons, it turned out that today was the best day for both of us. So just after lunch, I went down to the hairdresser’s room and had my hair washed and trimmed. The beard was trimmed down to a more elegant length as well.


I hadn’t thought the effect was that noticeable, but when I returned to my room, Cécile, the wife of my roommate immediately noticed. She asked me where had I gone. I explained the arrangement and gave her the extension to call. It is my belief that she considers Normand is in need of tonsorial services.

No comments: