Saturday 27 January 2024

On the departure of a second roommate

On Tuesday morning, I saw M. Normand [X] leave the room dressed to go outside with his wife. Around 12:30, they returned having eaten somewhere else. I left for therapy. When I came back, they weren’t in the room. I didn’t see any sign of him for a couple of days. Then on Thursday or Friday, some of the orderlies started gathering up his belongings into a pile. 


As I was preparing to shower this morning, I heard Mme Cécile [X]’s voice. I greeted her with a “How are you?” which she rightly interpreted as “How is Normand?” Not good, it seems. Without going into any particular detail, she said that a lot of things aren’t working for him so he is in a true hospital. Also, doctors had to operate on one of his kidneys. I wished her and, by extension, him good luck.


So, it seems I am without a roommate for a second time.

No comments: