Saturday 9 August 2008

On resting in Charlottetown and thoughts on the trip so far

I am in a Charlottetown internet gaming joint and I have used their connection and equipment to upload a number of images into earlier posts.

Charlottetown is very nice and I am optimistic that I will be able to A. get some serious resting in, and B. find some lobster to eat. The previous point is relevant as I haven't had a proper rest day so far.

I travelled through some Acadian areas of New Brunswick. I was surprised at just how firmly they wish to be Acadian with no doubt about it. There are more Acadian flags and other symbols displayed per capita than Fleur de Lys in Quebec. This extends to decorating the telephone poles in red, white and blue and the Stella marine.
While I was in Bathurst, I spent some time sunning myself on the beach.
Shediac is grossly overun with tourists and people trying to make money off tourists. However, that did me the license to pose with Shediac's giant lobster. I got some Chinese(?) tourists to take my picture.
Anyway, I can't think of anything else to write at this point, so I think I will head in search of lobster. Cheerio.

No comments: