Sunday 25 August 2019

On a coincidence of airport names

In a conversation with the Paternal Unit, I realized that I will shortly be flying out of Diefenbaker (or YXE) to Pearson (or YYZ) where I will change planes to get to Trudeau (YUL). This sequence follows the sequence of tenure in office of the PMs in question. It also intrigues as, if I am not mistaken, includes all the airports named for Canadian PMs except for Ottawa’s MacDonald-Cartier which is “only” half-named for a PM.

Addendum:

When I got to Pearson, I checked the departure board to see which gate my flight to Trudeau was, I discovered it was the same gate I had just exited. So technically, I didn't change planes: I just changed flights and seats. The plus side of this was that my checked luggage stayed with me.

No comments: