Tuesday 13 August 2019

On what I did in Canmore

S and T have known Margo and Chris for many years and resemble them in various ways. I thought the match particularly acute when I saw a Devinci Caribou of the same vintage as Margo and Chris’ first touring bikes in their garage. Then it emerged that the bike in question was in fact Chris’ old bike complete with the “no farting” sticker I had put on it in Spain! ;-) It was odd to see it again. Equally strange was to note that it didn’t have the provision for disc brakes that my bike has.

Despite suggestions from S and T to hike up one of the nearby peaks, complete with the loan of bear spray, I opted for a day of relaxation. I have done laundry, updated the blog, seen the Warmshowers guest off on her trek and done a few things on the ‘Net including some route finding. I had lunch at the Grizzly Paw Brew Pub. Leonardo now has a clean chain and fully inflated tires.

I found, bought and mailed off a wee present for Edward. I visited the local museum which was mostly about coal mining in the area but also had a fun section on the reintroduction of bison to Banff. At the museum, I had my first taste of Virtual Reality which didn’t agree with my stomach. And I watched some of Canmore’s feral bunny population keep the grass short.

In short, I took it easy.

Calgary tomorrow.

2 comments:

Margo and Chris said...

About the ”no farting” sticker: Chris’s road bike says “Argon” on it. Clearly this means he’s still full of gas.
This must indicate that was a really appropriate sticker you chose!

Margo and Chris said...

And good for TT too!