Sunday 29 October 2023

On an absence of malice

I sent a thank you email to Louise which resulted in an exchange of ideas about the driver. Louise wondered if the collision might have been partly deliberate. 


I was surprised by this, as I never considered the notion. While I’ll not deny I hold a great deal of animus towards the driver, I view him as being criminally negligent, irresponsible and a miserable excuse for a human being but not malicious. Arrogant, overconfident, yep. But not evil.


I am not sure where to go with this, so I will seque into what I what would view as a just punishment, namely that after he leaves prison, that he be banned from driving for life and be forced to rely on public transit (which isn’t great in New Brunswick) and biking!


In other news, there was a fire alarm at the Champlain after lunch. Also, about an hour after I had received an email about it, a moose decorated cardigan arrived as ordered by Kristine.


4 comments:

Susan Gwyn said...

!) Did they get you out at the fire alarm?
2) You are getting, well, not spoiled, but well treated. It will take a container to get you home!

Bikemoose said...

1. No. Given the logistics, the presences of fire doors and what was likely the small size of the fire, I remained in my room.
2. Not really.

Anonymous said...

I am sorry for taking a bit of darker take on it than I should have. I guess I just have problems assimilating how someone hits 3 people by accident...

Bikemoose said...

Louise, no apologies necessary.