Saturday 7 October 2023

On a delayed operation and brotherly visits

 It has been a tough week. I was supposed to surgery to remove dead skin on my left leg on Monday. However, it kept on getting pushed back until I was told after 10 PM that it wasn’t going to happen that night. So fasting for 24 hours for nothing. Surgery rescheduled for Wednesday. After fasting from about 11 PM on Tuesday, I only went to the OR at 10:30 PM on Wednesday. It seemed to take forever for the surgeons to fill out various documents before operating under a spinal anaesthetic plus something that made me drowsy. I fell asleep during the operation and woke up in the recovery room around 1 AM. Between waiting for my lower body to wake up and an absent staff member, it was around 4 AM by the time I got back to my room where I failed to get back to sleep. 


I think I pushed myself at physio later that morning as I developed chest and shoulder pains later in the day. This cut short a visit by Mummy and my brother Philip.


Yesterday, a rash developed on my arms. I think it was a cleaning session that got interrupted by cardio changing the dressing my left leg that caused in. No fun at all.


Stephen visited me twice today. He proved that he is my brother by asking what type of Learjet had I flown in. I proved that I am myself by knowing it was a Learjet 35.


Alice bought me a pair of noise cancelling headphones. I was surprised at how effective they were.

No comments: