Friday 13 October 2023

On a lost soul

This morning, I was taken down to have an echogram of my heart. I believe it was to verify my cardio health after the chest pains I had on Thursday of last week. On the way to cardiology, I saw an odd looking figure walking in front of me. He wore drab clothing, including his ball cap. The exception to this was the lining of his camouflage hunting jacket, which was bright orange. The lining was exposed because he had let the jacket fall off his shoulders to about his elbows revealing another camouflage garment. This struck me as odd.


When we (the hospital porter pushing my stretcher and myself) arrive at the right location, I was parked near the echogram room. The man disappeared down a corridor. A few minutes later, he reappeared in the company of a nurse. Seeing his face, I found my theory that he was Indigenous to be correct. The two went out of my sight, but I could hear their conversation. It seems he was looking for someone but was having a hard time navigating the labyrinth that is the Montreal General Hospital. As well, I got the impression he was overwhelmed by the size of the Hospital. I hope he was guide to where he was meant to go.


After the echogram, I was taken to have my left forearm and wrist X-rayed. While I am a bit squeamish, I almost asked if I might see the results.

No comments: