Wednesday 6 March 2024

On a good day on the whole

After waking up this morning, I had a flash of inspiration. There will be a meeting of my condo association tomorrow. As I am inching nearer possibly getting home, I should first let my fellow condo residents know that I might be returning and second ask them for some support in the matter, as I would be dependent on others for some time.


When I went down to the gym for my morning exercise, I made a point of asking my occupational therapist if we might have a meeting before the condo meeting. I also asked my Physio what sort of questions I should ask. Her take was interesting. She said that she had few concerns about me getting around in my condo, but that I would be dependent on others for getting in and out, as well as groceries. Not necessarily them, but they may be able to help.


I later emailed the members of the condo association to add my item to the agenda. I also asked if someone would measure the distance between the railings on the outside staircase. Jacques did so, and I was pleasantly surprised that they were only 104 cm apart.


Of course, there is no guarantee or real timeline about all this, so it might just be moonshine. However, it has me feeling good. Also, I got some good exercise in today and the Mole came by for a visit.

No comments: